Thursday, April 16, 2020

Work Smarter Not Harder!

We've all heard it before, people saying you need to work smarter not harder. What they are really saying is that you should use your time wisely and more effectively. Sometimes you can do something in 5 minutes that may be worth hours of work.

What if I told you that Prophet Muhammed SAWS explained this very concept to Juwairiyah bint Al Harith, one of the mothers of the believers and taught her that she could earn a lot more hasanat by doing a lot less! Basically working smarter not harder!

This is what we discussed with the girls yesterday. Some people are smart about their ibada. We all live extremely hectic and busy lives and sometimes even when do have the time we're too tired to do much. This is why this thikr which we learned is amazing! You get so many hasanat and it doesn't take much time at all!





Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith (May Allah be pleased with her), the Mother of the Believers, reported:
The Prophet (ﷺ) came out from my apartment in the morning as I was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found me sitting there. The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Are you still in the same position as I left you." I replied that yes, I was. Thereupon the Prophet said, "I recited four words three times after I had left you. If these are to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, these will be heavier. 

These are: Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, `adada khalqihi, wa rida nafsihi, wa zinatah `arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi 
[Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the weight of His Throne and equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise)]."

No comments:

Post a Comment