Sunday, April 5, 2020

Always Learning: How do we teach our kids to build their Islamic Knowledge?

Yesterday I was watching all three of my daughters curled around with a book, and completely immersed in their reading. I thanked Allah that they had all learned to love to read and can sit for hours enjoying a good book!

It got me thinking on how I can translate this love for books into love for Islamic books and continuously learning about their deen. I decided to set up a virtual library of Islamic books for them and this is what I did.

1. I created a gmail account for each one of them.
2. I then opened their personal drive and created a folder called 'Islamic books'.
3. I found some authentic Islamic book PDFs online and I uploaded it in their drives. Some ideas include the following: The Stories of the Prophets, Tafseer As Saadi, The fortress of a Muslim. Check out this site for the Islamic books:https://www.kalamullah.com/books.html
4. I encouraged them to read the first 5 pages of Prophet Adam and told them we'd have a competition to see who could answer the most questions on these pages so that they all read the pages carefully.
Obviously this is easier done with kids that can already read, but it is a nice way to get them into a habit of learning and striving to acquire Islamic knowledge on their own. And the great thing is that you can add more books as you go along!
Give it a try and if you come across some great books please share them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment